Re: Calling function from select statement is slower then using subselect in select

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 25 Oct 2006 15:06:33 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Martin T. wrote:
>
> > When will they give me templates for my packaged SQL?!? :)
> >
> > cheers,
> > Martin
>
> Please explain ... off-line if you prefer.

Hu? Off-line?

It's just a fancy idea of mine ...
So we have VIEWS ... which are stored queries to make things more organized.
Why not have more flexible "views" where part of the "view" remains variable until used ... so that the user of the view could push predicates or whatever into the view ... the SQL engine wouldn't even be aware of it, just the PL/SQL compiler. Or at least give me packaged views ... cursors are alright but they're so awful to use in PL/SQL code compared to inline queries ... (And I so hate having to define everything on the schema level.)

Well. Just my 002. I'm sure you disagree ;-)

cheers,
Martin Received on Wed Oct 25 2006 - 17:06:33 CDT