Re: Secure file transfer in PL/SQL

From: djs <djs_at_prin.edu>
Date: 24 Oct 2006 09:25:38 -0700

Daniel,

Thanks again for responding, I sincerely do appreciate your desire to help me.

But your statement that, "Encryption is encryption is encryption in that if it is the same methodology the tool doesn't matter" doesn't fit here since the Data Encryption Standard (DES) by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) (used in Oracle's data obfuscation toolkit) is not the same algorithm as PGP encryption. PGP uses the public key (two keys) approach and DES has a single key, shared by sender and receiver.

I would love to be incorrect here, but I will certainly discuss this with the bank. If there is a chance that I could use the delivered Oracle obfuscation toolkit, I will certainly do so.

Do you know if a file encrypted with DES can somehow be decrypted with PGP? -Dan-