Re: ORA-12154 ?!!?!?

From: MattJ83 <mattjones_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: 24 Oct 2006 00:59:23 -0700

> 1 Read the Troubleshooting section in the Oracle Net administrators
> manual.

Don't suppose you have a link to this manual? - i can't find it.

> 2 Search the Usenet archives

i have

> 3 Do not think you are unique. There have been at least 1000000 posters
> before you with the samen problem who also felt compelled this FAQ yet
> again.

i don't. there are lots of people wo have had this problem. All of the answers come back to the TNS file (which i have checked) and the environment variables (which i have checked against a working server)

> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Im sorry if i offended you with this message Sybrand.

Thanks Mark, tns_admin is not set on either the working platform or the non-working platform (both unix machines). I'll have a better look for this text. Received on Tue Oct 24 2006 - 02:59:23 CDT