Re: Secure file transfer in PL/SQL

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 23 Oct 2006 15:19:23 -0700

djs_at_prin.edu wrote:
: I need to send a file to a bank and, since everything else in this new
: little system is PL/SQL, I'd like to do it from PL/SQL. Just beginning
: the conversation with the bank, but their initial specifications say
: that I have two options: 1) encrypt the file with PGP and use FTP to
: transfer it; or, 2) use HTTPS.

Sending data via https should be easy.

Sending the file appears to be several calls, but they are all just part of the single task of sending the request. It's like writing a file, you just send all the data and then check the status.

The basic idea is you send a POST request with the right headers to the url that the bank gives you, and include the file contents as the data being POST'ed. The bank may be able to give you an example of what they expect to get from you.

The file data needs no encoding, send it binary byte for byte as-is (I notice there is a procedure with the word "raw" in the name, that looks promising.)

However the POST'ed data does need the correct format, which consists of a few mime headers before the binary data, and then again after the data. I don't know what oracle does to help set that up.

Then you get one response at the end of it all which is either success or fail. Received on Mon Oct 23 2006 - 17:19:23 CDT