Re: NEWBIE Get Designer Started

From: Felix Bollenbeck <feboll_at_gmx.de>
Date: 20 Oct 2006 08:36:44 -0700

Frank van Bortel schrieb:

> Felix Bollenbeck schreef:
>
> > Frank van Bortel schrieb:

> > > "The Designer"? What's that? you are not referring to
> > > Designer as in "tool that is part of Developer Suite", are you?
> > >
> > > What platform are you on? What version and flavor of Oracle
> > > are you (planning to be) playing around with?
> > >
> > > All questions that *do* matter, as they will get you to
> > > the correct answer sooner. Make it a habit of posting
> > > these details always - some regulars here actually have them
> > > in their signature.
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Frank van Bortel
> > >
> > > Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
> >
> > Hi,
> > ok, Database is 10g I dont know which flavor, I basicly just followed
> > the default installation.
> > its all running (or may be not:)) on winxp.
> > Yes i try to use the designer in the developer suite, version 10.
> > TIA & Regards,
> >
> > felix bollenbeck
>
> The database would be called ORCL then... Does this work from the
> command line:
> sqlplus system/manager_at_orcl
>
> If not - what errors?
> What's your path? Does the above work when you swp your Designer home
> path entries with the database home entries?

Hi,
I didnt get any further, after installing again, and removing the old path entries. The Designer has no path entry as far as I see...too disappointed now...Why should anyone pay for this, if it starts with errors from install straightaway?!
THX anyway,

Felix.

ERROR:
ORA-12154: TNS:Angegebener Connect-Bezeichner konnte nicht aufgel÷st werden Received on Fri Oct 20 2006 - 10:36:44 CDT