Re: Running SQLPlus from command line

From: RLN <rlntemp-newsgroup_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2006 14:31:02 -0700

Sorry for the delayed response. Lots of projects going on at once here.

The 'Set LineSize' and Spooling works fine. Thank you for that assistance.

Using SQLPlus from the command line is there a specific command I can include in my .SQL file that would place a comma in between each column value? I searched several SQLPlus resources and came up nill. If there is no way to do that, I thought of another possibiltiy and wondered if this could work:
What about writing "fillers" to the text output that is spooled? Can this be done? For example: a "PartNumber" column is 8 digits long. If a particular row has nulls or spaces in the PartNumber column, is there a way to write eight zeros to simply indicate for that row, no part number existed?

Thanks. Received on Wed Oct 18 2006 - 16:31:02 CDT