Re: Connect By hierarchy problem

From: Mike C <michaeljc70_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2006 12:43:27 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Mike C schreef:
> > Laurenz Albe wrote:
> >>
> >> Nobody expects you to be born with an understanding of hierarchical
> >> queries, but you are obviously too stupid to read the manual where
> >> all this is explained quite nicely, amply garnished with examples.
> >>
> >> Yours,
> >> Laurenz Albe
> >
> > I have read the manual. If it any question came down to reading the
> > manual, this board wouldn't exist! Further, before posting, I searched
> > Oracel forums, Google and tried it on my own. If it is so simple, then
> > why not help somebody out? Maybe you're not stupid, just ignorant.
> >

> Take a course then: connect by is day 3 of the four-day
> basic sql course, after lunch - or at least, it used to be.
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

I know how to use connect by. I am way beyond the level of a basic Oracle course. I want to know how to apply it in this situation. I am not asking someone to give me something that can easily be looked up and applied.

If someone has a leak in their house and comes to you for help, do you tell them to buy a plumbers wrench? Well, that may be the start, but they still won't have a clue what to do with the wrench. Received on Wed Oct 18 2006 - 14:43:27 CDT