Re: Perl Oracle DBD on Ubuntu?

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:47:49 +0100

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:42:55 +0000 (UTC), Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com> wrote:

>I need to get the perl DBD module working on a Ubuntu machine.
>
>I've installed teh XE database using the Debian package, and I can
>connect to the instance with sqlplus. I've installed the Perl DBI
>framework via Ubuntus packages. They don't seem to have a package
>for the Oracle DBD, so I downloaded that from CPAN.
>
>However, I can't seem to get it to compile corectly.
>
>Does the XR package not have enough of Oracle libraries to make this work?
>
>Can anyone sugest how I can get this working?

 Perhaps if you posted the errors, and what steps you took to compile it?

 The XE package contains an Oracle 10.2 client which is sufficient to compile DBD::Oracle as per the instructions in the README file. There's various things you can get wrong, but without seeing what you did and what errors you're getting there's no point just guessing.

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool