Re: Running SQLPlus from command line

From: RLN <rlntemp-newsgroup_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2006 07:18:30 -0700

>> Syntax error: no terminating semicolon ; <<
Doh! :-) ok....TEST12.txt returns output just fine form the SQL run. Thanks Ed, (after turning multi-shades of red in embarrassment) :-)

As for formatting: the SPOOL command states: "Represents the name of the file to which you wish to spool. SPOOL followed by file_name begins spooling displayed output to the named file. If you do not specify an extension, SPOOL uses a default extension (LST or LIS on most systems)"

Below is 1 record of that output.
Are there simple ways to pre-format the text before spooling aside from what is delivered here or am I stuck with "whatcha see is whatcha get"?

<begin text output>
PROCESS_INSTANCE BUSIN VOUCHER_ VOUCHER_LINE_NUM BUSIN PO_ID LINE_NBR

---------------- ----- -------- ---------------- ----- ----------

 SCHED_NBR BUSIN RECEIVER_I RECV_LN_NBR RECV_SHIP_SEQ_NBR MATCH_RULE SETID
---------- ----- ---------- ----------- ----------------- ----------
-----
MATCH_CNTR BUYER_ID                       MERCHANDISE_AMT   QTY_VCHR

IMAGE_REF_ID

         1617711 10500 01436603                1 10500 0000877894
   1
         1                            0                 1 RULE_E100
SHARE
STANDARD   ch282836                                  7150       2600

9446694

<end text output> Received on Fri Oct 13 2006 - 09:18:30 CDT