Re: Lower case username logon problem

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:37:04 GMT

> I am used to MS SQL Server which is case sensitive, but will take your
> advice and use all upper case. My script won't work otherwise!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Oracle. As people say here all the time....

MS SQL Server <> Oracle

You will find that things work one way in one RDBMS and work another in the competitor's RDBMS. Some things you would do in SQL Server you would not do in Oracle and vice-versa.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net