Re: Progressive slow Insert and Update

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:28:40 -0700

Joe wrote:
> I have a (for me) strange situation, where each insert and update on a
> specific table gets slower and slower. The first insert takes milliseconds
> but like the 10th insert takes already 1 min. Performance of selects from
> this table is constant . There are lots of other sqls against other tables
> but these have constant response times. Restarting the user session resets
> the times.
>
> There should be nothing special about this table so I need some help on
> where I should start looking for the cause.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

  1. No platform and operating system.
  2. No version or edition.
  3. No DDL
  4. No DML
  5. No trace file
  6. No indication as to other loads on the database
  7. No indication of the front-end tool being used

Your batting average isn't particularly good here. Want to try again? ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington