Re: Looking up tables that contain a column name

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2006 10:05:13 -0700

laredotornado_at_zipmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Oracle 9i on Solaris. Is it possible (and how) to look up
> all the tables that contain a column named "XX_COLUMN"? How would I do
> this?
>
> Thanks, - Dave

look in your data dictionary
SQL> desc all_tab_columns ;

 OWNER                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 TABLE_NAME                                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 COLUMN_NAME                               NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 DATA_TYPE                                          VARCHAR2(106)
 DATA_TYPE_MOD                                      VARCHAR2(3)
 DATA_TYPE_OWNER                                    VARCHAR2(30)
... and so on ...

Ed Received on Fri Oct 06 2006 - 12:05:13 CDT