Re: How to convert data in RDBMS into LDAP format?

From: <qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2006 08:05:26 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> What you have stored in Oracle, I would hope, and what you would
> choose to store in a hierarchical LDAP directory are two entirely
> different things.

We store the same data in Oracle database and also in LDAP directory, but of course in different formar. There is a defined mapping for each of the data in the schema, for example:
  Key columns in Oracle -> Mandatory attributes in object class   Primary key -> DN
  Table schema -> Object Class definition   column -> attribute

> Please provide more details and operating system and version and
> edition information is critical.

The OS version is: Solaris 9
Oracle version is: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.4.0 - 64bit

With my understanding, it looks like we need to develop a tool on our own(as there is no 100% 1:1 mapping available for the data stored in RDBMS and LDAP). Do you have any suggestion? Received on Fri Oct 06 2006 - 10:05:26 CDT