Re: Oracle at Windows startup

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 03:03:52 GMT

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:47:00 -0700, bob wrote:

> Anyone know what might cause Oracle to not load at Windows startup?

Often it's a configuration problems.

Frequently caused by installing on a machine that gets it's IP address via DHCP. Which is often the case when installed by people who don't read the install manual - especially the part about not using DHCP (or at least using the loopback adapter).

The above is generic, since you gave a generic question.

If you want real help, you need to be more specific ... perhaps you could provide actual version numbers and messages and other info from the Oracle alert log or Windows system logs.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!