Re: UNIX sqlplus can't echo multiline commands in order

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 23:38:27 -0700

yong321_at_yahoo.com wrote:
: I''m sure everyone has seen this. If I copy

: select * from dual;
: select * from dual;
: select * from dual;
: select * from dual;

: from my Windows clipboard and paste them all into sqlplus running on
: UNIX or Linux, the screen looks like this:

: SQL> select * from dual;
: select * from dual;
: select * from dual;
: select * from dual;

: D
: -
: X

: SQL>
: D
: -
: X

: SQL>
: D
: -
: X

: SQL>
: D
: -
: X

: If I do this to DOS sqlplus, I don't have this problem.

What exactly is the problem? It looks like typical unix output to me. You pasted in four commands and sqlplus ran four commands. Received on Wed Oct 04 2006 - 01:38:27 CDT