Re: job opportunity in Atlanta, GA - Oracle developer (PL/SQL skills)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:20:58 -0700

jean wrote:
> My client in northern Atlanta has a requirement for an Oracle Developer
> with some DBA experience. The full description follows. This is a
> permanent hire position.
>
> If this is of interest to you, please send me your resume and a
> convenient time to talk.
>
> Thank you,
> jean emerson
> ksc
> 919 789-8549 x11
>
> Oracle Developer/DBA
> Location: Atlanta, GA
>
> Description
>
> As Oracle Developer/DBA, you will be part of the team responsible for
> overall design, development and support and the company's database
> systems. ICE has begun to move the database into a much more integrated
> role within multiple product lines, and the DBA team will play an
> integral part in this initiative. Specifically, the current
> responsibilities include:
>
> · Production Support for existing database systems including backup,
> setup, etc.
>
> · Ad-Hoc reporting to include potential reports application
> development
>
> · PL/SQL Development
>
> · Systems Administration as needed
>
> · Logical/Physical database design on existing and new applications
>
> · Database Performance Tuning
>
> · Approximately 55% Development and 45% Operational
>
> *Requirements*
>
> · Mid to Senior level Devleoper/DBA skills with a minimum of 5 years
> experience as DBA
>
> · ORACLE 9.x experience a must. Any ORACLE v10.x considered a plus
>
> · 5 years minimum PL/SQL experience a must.
>
> · Solaris and AIX light systems administration skills
>
> · Web development environment background
>
> · Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and
> technical documentation skills.
>
> · Broad-based knowledge of computer hardware, software, platforms, and
> Windows, and Unix operating systems
>
> · Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
> environment
>
> · Able to work independently and productively under pressure
>
> · Willing to learn application(s) and comprehend business side
>
> · Transaction processing experience desireable
>
> · Development experience with software development languages (Java,
> HTML, SQL) preferred.

How incredibly rude of you to post this at c.d.o.marketplace.

If you work for a legitimate company you owe your manager an apology for sacrificing their reputation by becoming a spammer. You also owe this group a similar apology.

In the future read a usenet group's charter before presuming that what you intend to post is ontopic and allowed. In the case of this post neither is allowed.

Once you have read the charter read the charter of c.d.o.marketplace.

We await your apology.

--
Daniel Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group