Re: How to lock a record in a table using a query, VB6 and Oracle as a database

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:09:23 -0700

"Gaz" <gonkowonko_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159794025.061126.52960_at_m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

> > It will stay locked until rollback or commit. Also make sure you use
bind
> > variables in your code. Otherwise you will create a very unscalable
> > solution.
> > Jim
>

> Could you explain how i would use bind variables? i roughly know what
> they are but dont know how to implement them, do you know of a good
> site for reading??

The docs specifically The application developer's guide. I don't know how to do it in ado, look under parameterized queries or bind variables or host variables. (MS SQL server wants them also so it isn't unusual.)

eg select ... from mytable where col1=:col1_bind_variable instead of select ... from mytable where col1='some value'; Jim Received on Mon Oct 02 2006 - 08:09:23 CDT