Re: 10g Express Edition ODBC driver for Linux

From: Bruno Costacurta <pubmb02_at_skynet.be>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:53:19 +0200

http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_oracle_driver/index.html

>> Just quick scanned, so if I'm competely wrong, please forgive me....
>>
>> Robbert
>>

> I know. Never got it to work properly, though.
> Just wondered why one would want a MS Windows network
> bridge on Linux.
>
> Bruno - what the heck is running on Linux, but *requires*
> ODBC?

It's the IBM WebSphere Message Broker (WBIMB). The product is base on the middleware MQSeries but requires ODBC for its database and persistence relations. Something definitely strange. Next version based on IBM WPS platform will, as far as I know -to be confirmed-, probably remove this.

Note: I tested easysoft for 10g and it works fine. Oracle InstanClient package for Linux also resolves the problem : it seems that library packaged with 10g Express Edition seems buggy. The one delivered (named libsqora.so.10.1) within InstantClient package has a different size but especially works fine.

Bye,
Bruno Received on Sat Sep 30 2006 - 00:53:19 CDT