Access to Oracle upgrade....

From: Dave <dave_at_dantemedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:55:09 GMT

Hi All,

I'm looking at upgrading the Access database I use at work to Oracle, now I can import all the tables and data okay but what I am having trouble with are the constraints.

In my main Access table I have validation rule for 2 fields that are basically

1)>=459000 And <=501000
2)>=202000 And <=244000

How would I do this in Oracle? I tried just cutting and pasting the code into Oracle's Constraint Expression field but I get the error ORA-00936: missing expression

Any ideas?

and any recommendations for a book that will bridge the gap between Access and Oracle (or a beginners book if that gap is too big!)

Thanks

Dave Received on Fri Sep 29 2006 - 14:55:09 CDT