Re: How to know how long a Rollback will take

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:21:23 +0200

On 29 Sep 2006 07:14:48 -0700, "Dan" <daniel.ostertag_at_visaer.com> wrote:

>One other question. This happened during an import and I do not want
>or need the data that is being rolled back. I could drop/recreate the
>table entirely and discard all previous data and rollback data. Is
>there a way to just 'pull the plug' on the rollback and stop it
>entirely? Is so, what are the risks?

Please do not top post.

You can't drop the table as it is involved in a transaction. Even if you issue shutdown abort in sql*plus, Oracle will perform crash recovery, and it will restart the rollback.

The only thing you can do is sit back and take some more coffee.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA