Re: Oracle-SQL update statement?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:18:02 +0200

On 29 Sep 2006 09:57:23 -0700, mike_at_zowee.com wrote:

>Can someone convert this to an Oracle-SQL update statement? The goal
>is to update tblWORKER.PER_TYPE based on the case statement. The
>essentials are there but I haven't been able to get the correct syntax.
> It was works until the WHERE EXISTS clause is added. Any ideas?

The goal of Usenet is not doing someone elses work for free. Also you didn't submit a version, a specific error message, and the table definition, and the groups crystal ball broke when upgrading from Oracle 5 to Oracle 6, way back in 1989.

You should be aware in Oracle there is no difference between '' and NULL. Even when 'it was works' the results are probably faulty, because you don't use IS NOT NULL.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA