Re: How to know how long a Rollback will take

From: Dan <daniel.ostertag_at_visaer.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2006 07:14:48 -0700

Mark,

Great stuff!!! I ran the first formatted query and clearly see my transaction and see that the USED_UBLK has 237,000 blocks and is decreasing at the rate of 500 blocks per minute, so it will take 8 hours to rollback. (Correct me if my logic is wrong there).

One other question. This happened during an import and I do not want or need the data that is being rolled back. I could drop/recreate the table entirely and discard all previous data and rollback data. Is there a way to just 'pull the plug' on the rollback and stop it entirely? Is so, what are the risks?

Thanks alot for your help.
Dan