Re: Strange ODBC error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:05:03 +0200

On 24 Sep 2006 13:39:14 -0700, asger.grunnet_at_gmail.com wrote:

>I will definitely try that as well. But if that was the problem, then I
>don't
>understand how the first SQL sent by the application works ok, whereas
>the second one fails? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

2 possibilties

a (most likely) somehow there is a database link involved in the second sql statement
b the two statements go to different data sources.

As far as I know (but nothing is certain anymore when M$ comes into play) the scenario you describe is simply impossible, or the database server has problems with conflicting server and client versions.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA