Re: Getting Problem Installing Oracle

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:56:52 GMT

soomrowaseem_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting error below:
>
> Error: Invalid Staging area. There are no toplevel components for
> Window NT available for installation in this staging area.
>
> configuration is:
> OS: Ms Windows XP - service pack 2
> Oracle: 9i Personal Edition
>
> I want to install Oracle Database on XP? Plz Help!

If this is XP Home Edition, then that could be part of your problem. Oracle is only certified for the Professional Edition of Windows XP.

Otherwise, your download could have been corrupted somehow. In the past, I just downloaded the component again and that fixed the problem. That being said, if you download from Technet today, you will only be able to get 10g, not 9i.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net