Re: to_date format

From: MattJ83 <mattjones_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: 21 Sep 2006 06:48:10 -0700

> Have you considered concatenating '00' to the end of your string and
> then using the format mask 'YYYYMMDDHH24MI'? I haven't tested it, but
> I'm not sure that Oracle truncates the minutes.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

Unfortunatly i can't do that as the string is actually part of a filename. There are alot of files so to go through all of the filenames and change them to that format would be inefficient and time consuming (there maybe 100+ files at the moment and they are generated every hour!

I have however looked at trying to change the format mask but can't think of anything better. I've read that HH24 should handle the 24hr clock (i was wondering if i had the right mask) but i can't see why it refuses to handle the 00. Received on Thu Sep 21 2006 - 08:48:10 CDT