Re: ORA-01031

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:05:39 GMT

calms wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I Installed Oracle Instant Client as instructed by ORACLE in the
> following link,
>

> "http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html"
>

> I Installed only the BASIC & ODBC, so i dont have SQL installed in my
> client workstation.
>

> I set the Environment Variables
> PATH, TNS_ADMIN, ORACLE_HOME to the appropriate Folders.
>

> so plz help me and If you need any further information kindly let me
> know,
>
> thks
> Prasad

You may have to install Oracle Client that includes SQL*Plus to be able to adequately diagnose this error. Baring that, go to the database server itself and use SQL*Plus there to figure out why you are getting this error. SQL*Plus may give you more information than just the ORA-1031 error. This error may be one of multiple in the error stack. You may need the other errors to help you out. If you can sign on with SQL*Plus, then you should be able to sign on with your application.

If you can sign on with SQL*Plus and you still get the above message, then your app is performing some operation after signon that is resulting in this error. You'll have to figure out which operation is causing that error.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net