Re: regexp_substr occurrences problem

From: PhilHibbs <snarks_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 03:33:56 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> From what input data?

The data input is in the code, it's 'ABC|DEF|GHI|JLK'.

> I'm still trying to figure out why you wrote an infinite loop?
I didn't, I wrote a loop that exits when REGEXP_INSTR runs out of matches. I agree that an "EXIT" statement in the middle of the loop is not ideal, but there is no REPEAT...UNTIL in Oracle, and the statements after the termination are the loop invariant.

Phil Hibbs. Received on Tue Sep 19 2006 - 05:33:56 CDT