Re: Invalid Interval

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2006 06:01:09 -0700

RJ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a column in a table (Fixed_dur) with data in the format dd
> hh:mm:ss. I want to copy this data to another column (Durarion) of
> which the data type is interval day(2) second(6). when i try updating
> the duration column i get the error: Oracle Error : ORA-01867 the
> interval is invalid.
>
> Some of the fields have copied, and i cant see how the other fields
> data is wrong.
> The minutes/seconds are not over 59 and hours are under 24.
>
> what could be the problem??
>
> Thanks in advance..

All the mind readers have taken a vacation. My crystal ball is broken, so I cannot see your code, any sample data or which version of oracle. Please repost either with those things or with a remote login so I can telnet into your system and fix it for you.

No, seriously, we cannot help based on the little information you posted. Help us help you and post with more info.

   Ed Received on Mon Sep 18 2006 - 08:01:09 CDT