Re: TNS could not resolve service name when connect RAS

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2006 01:07:38 -0700

resant_v_at_yahoo.com schreef:

> Hi all,
> I have a problem.
> I just add new komputer with oracle client, and connect it to oracle
> server with cross cable.
> The client and server using automatically IP Address.
> The client is able to connect, but the problem occur when I connect
> RAS, it show error "TNS could not resolve service name".

What is RAS?

> What happen? Any wrong?

Would it help if you looked up the error?  oerr tns 12154
12154, 00000, "TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified" // *Cause: A connection to a database or other service was requested using
// a connect identifier, and the connect identifier specified could not // be resolved into a connect descriptor using one of the naming methods
// configured. For example, if the type of connect identifier used was a

// net service name then the net service name could not be found in a
// naming method repository, or the repository could not be
// located or reached.
// *Action:
//   - If you are using local naming (TNSNAMES.ORA file):
//      - Make sure that "TNSNAMES" is listed as one of the values of
the
//        NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile
//        (SQLNET.ORA)
//      - Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper
//        directory and is accessible.
//      - Check that the net service name used as the connect
identifier
//        exists in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.
//      - Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the
TNSNAMES.ORA
//        file.  Look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters.
Errors
//        in a TNSNAMES.ORA file may make it unusable.
//   - If you are using directory naming:
//      - Verify that "LDAP" is listed as one of the values of the
//        NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile
//        (SQLNET.ORA).
//      - Verify that the LDAP directory server is up and that it is
//        accessible.
//      - Verify that the net service name or database name used as the
//        connect identifier is configured in the directory.
//      - Verify that the default context being used is correct by
//        specifying a fully qualified net service name or a full LDAP
DN
//        as the connect identifier
//   - If you are using easy connect naming:
//      - Verify that "EZCONNECT" is listed as one of the values of the
//        NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile
//        (SQLNET.ORA).
//      - Make sure the host, port and service name specified
//        are correct.
//      - Try enclosing the connect identifier in quote marks.
//

// See the Oracle Net Services Administrators Guide or the Oracle // operating system specific guide for more information on naming. Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 03:07:38 CDT