Re: Urgent help needed!

From: G Quesnel <dbaguy_ott_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2006 19:56:07 -0700

Who are you connecting as - try "show user" What do you mean by "raw data"
Where is the database - do you have access to the "server". Are you saying that you can not issue a OS command to determine the size of all database files (Windows: right click + properties of folders where all data+temp+log+control files - Unix df -k <folder name>).
Can you connect to the database as a user who has dba privileges (SYS or SYSTEM)?

Did you try the Alternate views USER_ and ALL_ on the views Vista has suggested (ie USER_DATA_FILES I think works on tablespace you have been granted quota on)

Please learn to communicate - Vista is telling you that in this newsgroup we don't read backward (bottom up). If you include the previous post in your message, make sure it stays at the top, so the flow of the message makes sense. If you don't know how to do this, then the next best thing is to not include any text from previous messages in your reply. Ignoring this basic standard will reduce your chances at a prompt assistance. Received on Wed Sep 13 2006 - 21:56:07 CDT