Re: We can only schedule one job to run with Oracle 10g?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 08:56:33 -0700

antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I have 2 questions concerning Oracle scheduler.
>
> 1. I was attempting to schedule multiple jobs to run from midnight to
> 7AM each day, but it looks like if I create a new job, any other
> scheduled job will be automatically disabled.
>
> Does this mean that we can only schedule one job at to run at a time?
>
> 2. Then I tried combining these separate jobs into one, but only to
> find that Oracle keeps complaining about a string being too long:
>
> SQL Error
>
> Failed to commit: ORA-16612: string value too long for attribute
> "job_action" ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_ISCHED", line 814 ORA-06512: at
> "SYS.DBMS_SCHEDULER", line 1209 ORA-06512: at line 3
>
> What's the reason?

The first message implies that you have an error in your attribute list. How are you attempting to schedule the job, manually or via one of the tools: dbconsole?.

If manualy, how about posting the command in use to give someone something to look at?

If via a tool, what tool from which screen? Can you perform the same task manually? What happens?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 10:56:33 CDT