Re: oracle manuals printed

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:01:02 GMT

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:37:00 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:

> I just print the pdf version in chunks of 50 or so pages at a time so
> as not to tie up the printer too long. Then I feed the print-outs into
> the copier using the convert single sided copy into double sided copy
> feature. This way I can get the printed manual into a notebook binder.
> I only print a couple of manuals per release. I keep intending to buy
> stock in a lumber REIT, but I haven't been able to find one selling at
> a bargain price.

I started using Blue Squirrel's 'ClickBook' product back in the late 90s. Especially useful if you have any of the old PC-doc binders (5-1/2x9)!

ClickBook does a great job of and/all of the following

  1. reducing/turning the print from 8-1/2x11 to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
  2. walking you through the "2-sided prints on 1-seded printers" steps
  3. auto-repaging output for folded pamphlets

http://www.bluesquirrel.com

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!