utl_file.frename against utl_file.fcopy

From: Björn Wächter <bwc_at_p3-solutionsKILL_SPAM.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:00:59 +0200

Hi all,

I'm facing a strange problem. I'm executing these commands in my Oracle 10.2 Database running on debian linux.

This one is working very well:

utl_file.frename(

    src_location    => v_source_dir,
    src_filename    => p_s_filename,
    dest_location   => v_destination_dir,
    dest_filename   => p_s_filename,
    overwrite       => TRUE

);

But when I execute this command with exactly the same filenames and directory names like in frename:

utl_file.fcopy(

    src_location    => v_source_dir,
    src_filename    => p_s_filename,
    dest_location   => v_destination_dir,
    dest_filename   => p_s_filename

);

I'm getting an ORA-29284 file read error.

As fare as I know linux. If a can move a file, there is no reason why copy should fail. The file is not existing in the destination location, so the overwrite => TRUE can not be the reason.
Any ideas?

Thanks Björn Received on Fri Sep 08 2006 - 04:00:59 CDT