Re: Selecting SIMILAR, not the same records (PROBABLE) duplicates

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2006 13:12:04 -0700

kroger wrote:
[]

> Exactly. But the scope of the project is to gather the data, filter, clean
> and make the garbage useful - by automated and manual matching.
> Whether one likes it or not, this is the goal and it implies some business
> requirements.
> As I wrote before - I'm just providing applications - there are up to 100
> people all over the world doing this (manual matching) Sisyphus job.

As much as possible, push the filtering out to the data entry point. It is a lot easier to keep garbage out thatn is is to clean up.

> Best Regards,
> Kroger

For good or ill, my big project for next year will be something similar.
Once done, it will sure make our system cleaner.

    Looks like you have a good idea how to approach this now.   Good luck,
  ed Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 15:12:04 CDT