Re: Simple Oracle Query Taking Too Long

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:41:58 +0200

DA Morgan schreef:

> That is about as horrible a definition as I can imagine. I can't think
> of a single justification for either the 64K extents or a pctincrease
> that is anything except 1.

And what would be wrong with 64kB extents? pct_increase = 1 had something to do with some cunning process that would only run with pct_increase != 0 while still trying to maintain some sort of uniform extenting blocks.
Now, I'll be darned if I could remember what cunning process only ran with pct_increase != 0, but you should know, Daniel.

I'm off to the Chimay :D Sayonara!

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel