Re: Simple Oracle Query Taking Too Long

From: Bryan Hunter <bryan_at_exitexchange.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:54:04 -0700

I agree with you on the index but this does not make sense to me why it does not come back in a matter of miliseconds, that is why I tried the index. This is a table not a view/join/sort/group by. The owner is the main owner of the DB 'STATS' and the type is 'TABLE'. Some additional information that I forgot about: The DB is 8.1.7 actually and when I first ran this query 1 week ago it was miliseconds. What I have been performing was migrating this data into a larger table with full indexing on it. So I was selecting * from abc where rownum <= 1000 and inserting those into another table. Then deleting * from abc where rownum <= 1000. I noticed that it started running slowly and ran the select statement and it took over a minute. Now I am just trying to understand why row 1 does not come up instantly. Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 14:54:04 CDT