Re: Selecting SIMILAR, not the same records (PROBABLE) duplicates

From: kroger <kroger_at_vp.pl>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:02:13 +0200

> Now that you have explained some of this, people might be able to
> provide better options. For example, if you created a trigger or a
> procedure to check for possible duplicates, as the data is captured,
> then you would not need to join the table with itself, but rather, do a
> lookup on just one table, compared to some 'variables'.

This is a good ponit, which I did not consider before! Sorry again if my explanations were too dim - I thought I was asking for some trivial hint, like the one with soundex - which I did not know before.

I'm a Java programmer - and maybe my mistake was looking at that in terms of writing a fancy query, most likely in EJB, which I'm using in the project anyway...

Thanks again,
BR,
Kroger Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 14:02:13 CDT