Oracle Stored Proc issues

From: KK <krallabandi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2006 11:47:07 -0700

Is there any way to declare a variable in stored procedure that should hold --- length of text which is not known at design time.

For ex:

    PROCEDURE MUpdate(

     inFKey in varchar,
     inSubFKey in varchar

    )
    IS
    vCount NUMBER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
    vDupTxt ---
    BEGIN
    vDupTxt := "---"

END MUpdate;

In the above example If I use vDupTxt VARCHAR(---), I have to specify length (1.. 32767)

While executing the stored procedure at runtime, some times I may want to assign longer text.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 13:47:07 CDT