Re: Spatial: Make line out of (many) points

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:42:12 +0200

If I were you I'd probably do a little PL/SQL function which gets the points in the right order, assembles info and ordinate arrays and returns a geometry object.

insert into lines select linefunction(x.datasetid) from (select distinct datasetid ...) x;

or so.

If you are good at it, you could even do an aggregate function for this.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.