Re: Counting duplicates in SQL

From: Jack <go_at_way.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:16:21 +0100

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1157423915.94891_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> Jack wrote:
>
>>> Daniel - as a software professional I am grateful for any help I can
>>> get out there if I'm stuck at something and I'm not particulary fond of
>>> anyone who wishes to restrict the amount of hints or solutions for
>>> whatever reasons.
>>
>> Exactly. If he/they think I am a student cheat - just don't reply - and
>> leave the offensive insults out - simple ain't it!
>
> No one intentionally insulted you and there is really no need for you to
> get your knickers in a twist. We don't ignore students because he like
> to help them with hints. Accept it or drop it. That is the way things are.

I made a one sentence aside - which you decided to pick up on and lecture me.
You have no authority. This is not a student newsgroup. If you suspect students are using this newsgroup to "cheat" and are unhappy about it, then dont respond- or take it up with your institution to formulate exams that make getting help with the odd SQL statement here irrelevant.

As I said elsewhere, this is not your newsgroup to hijack and put it in the parochial context of academia.

Frankly, I don't give a shit if your students are cheating. It is not my or this newsgroups concerns - nor should it be.

*Thats* the way things are. Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 08:16:21 CDT