Re: Counting duplicates in SQL

From: Jack <test_at_nothere.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:41:03 +0100

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1157375759.542132_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> Jack wrote:
>>
>> I don't care where he teaches.
>> It is wrong to denigate someone who asks a legitimate question as a
>> possible/probable *CHEAT*
>
> I didn't say he teaches anything. I said I do.

ISC. Substitute you for him regarding your anal attitude etc.

>And I said that I
> appreciated his comment. He didn't call you a cheat. If you were a
> student he didn't call you a cheat. What he indicated was that it
> is our unofficial policy to help OP's that appear to be students
> with hints not full answers. The point is not to ignore students ...
> just not to give them fully formed answers.

That "that appear to be students". Vigilanties - nothing more nothing less.

> What you need to realize is that everyone here is volunteering their
> time because they enjoy the community and enjoy making contributions.
> No one here is obligated to do anything. That means you've no right to
> be angry about anything ..

If some implies I am a cheat I have every right to be angry. I have every right to be offended. I have every right to be annoyed that it might put others off helping. And I have every right to reply in a way which relates my anger.

Just because you or he see yourself in the positiion of power does not give you the right to patronising and ride roughshod over those seeking help.

>. you aren't paying and we aren't being paid.
> Expectations should be zero.

I expect to be treated in a courteous manner. Not to have the *cheat* accusation thrown at me.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

This NG seems to be going the same way as some other programming groups, filled with patronising little Hitlers who feel their feet should be kissed after each post - no matter how rude it is. Received on Mon Sep 04 2006 - 08:41:03 CDT