Re: Counting duplicates in SQL

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 4 Sep 2006 06:26:46 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Jack wrote:
> > "Robert Klemme" <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hm, looks like you entered the "I'm a patronising twat" competition to me.
>
> Jack as an instructor at the University of Washington teaching Oracle I
> am grateful for people who provide hints but not solutions and it is
> wrong for you to denigrate them.

Daniel - as a software professional I am grateful for any help I can get out there if I'm stuck at something and I'm not particulary fond of anyone who wishes to restrict the amount of hints or solutions for whatever reasons.

> It is impossible for instructors to monitor all of the ways that
> students can cheat and self-policing professions are of great value.
> I am sure you wouldn't want to find yourself working on a team with
> someone that couldn't pull their weight. Please reconsider your
> attitude.

I, along with I believe many other people, are not too fond of policing usenet/the internet of any kind. Sadly, more often than not people who express their opinion about this do it in a way like Jack, whose choice of language is far below acceptable.

I value your posts on the oracle groups, but it seems we disagree on principle here. :)
In my opinion policing newsgroups does not do anything but create more noise. (Noise like this post here no doubt.)

best regards,
Martin T. Received on Mon Sep 04 2006 - 08:26:46 CDT