Using the Object Browser

From: <jctown_at_nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: 3 Sep 2006 07:56:47 -0700

I have a table set up with a few fields

CREATE TABLE "books"

   (	"ISBN" VARCHAR2(20) NOT NULL ENABLE,

"Title" VARCHAR2(50) NOT NULL ENABLE,
"Author" VARCHAR2(100) NOT NULL ENABLE,
"Publisher" VARCHAR2(100) NOT NULL ENABLE,
"Subject" VARCHAR2(30),
"Pages" NUMBER

   )

When I try to add a row using Insert Row from the Orfacle Database Express Edition Web Page,
the ISBN, which is supposed to be unique per book (so I want to use it as a Primary Key once the table is loaded) somehow changes to a different value after I am done adding a new row. There are no constraints or indexes on the table as I removed them thinking they might be the cause of my problem. However I have had no luck in identifying the cause. So I have to edit each row after I add it and change the ISBN to the value I originally typed in. This seems a bit odd to me so I am wondering what I can look at or check to see what *I* have done wrong. Received on Sun Sep 03 2006 - 09:56:47 CDT