How to insert a file in a CLOB field.

From: Balabiot <balabiot_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2006 09:36:58 -0700

Hi,

I have to migrate a mysql table in a oracle table with the same structure (with the opportune conversions of the datatypes).

Unfortunatly, a field in the source database is a longtext, that in oracle is a CLOB. I try to copy all field the data with java, .net and vb6 without success.

So I have to take the decision of migrate only the field with simple datatype (varchar2, number and date), and with a vb6 program, download on my pc mysql longtext, and this operation is ok.

with an another .net program I'm successful to import file with size not more than 3 or 4K, but I have to import file with size of 2M, but in this case (and when the size is 6K) I have the follow error :   Can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

I have read that in a CLOB I can insert 4GB.

Someone can help me?

Thank you so much.
Ciao
Balabiot

I have to insert a file (.jpg, .xls and .gif) in a CLOB field.

With .net I can Received on Fri Sep 01 2006 - 11:36:58 CDT