Re: Copying lakhs of Records in a table of 25 columns from text file or Excel Sheet.

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:58:26 GMT

> Hello Brian
>
> Can You tell me how much time the SQL Loder take to copy 2 lakhs
> records from text file
>
> to an Oracle 10g Table of 20 Coloumns.

The answer is....it depends. It depends on too many factors. How many indexes are on the table? Do any foreign key constraints need to be verified? Are there any triggers on the table? How fast is your disk I/O? Will this be done during prime time or during off hours? There are too many factors at play here...

I would venture to say that 200,000 records will not take that long to ingest with SQL*Loader. But as they say, your mileage may vary. The only way for you to know for sure, is to run SQL*Loader on our records and test it out for yourself.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net