Re: Copying lakhs of Records in a table of 25 columns from text file or Excel Sheet.

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:22:33 GMT

Pankaj_Jha wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> can some one tell me how to Copy lakhs of Records in a table of 25
> columns from text file or Excel Sheet in one go.
>
> Pls. provide an example
>

> Thanks
>
> Pankaj

With Excel, you can save the data as a comma-separated values format (CSV). Once in CSV format, you can use SQL*Loader or External Tables to load the data into an Oracle table. There are many options at play, so your specific environment and requirements may dictate which options you use. Please read the Oracle Utilities guide paying attention to the chapters on SQL*Loader and External Tables:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/toc.htm

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland