Calling an SQL function from within an Oracle trigger

From: <swethasivaram_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 01:07:12 -0700

Hello all

I have the following requirement:

Before insert or update on a table tableA, I need to check if the value for fieldAtableA which is being inserted or updated in tableA is within the range specified by two values from another table tableB.

I have a function which performs this check and returns me true if the value falls within the range or false if it doesnt.

I want to have a trigger before insert or update on tableA which calls this function. How do I call this function from the trigger and how can I use the return value to either allow the insert/update or disallow it?

Thanks
Swetha Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 03:07:12 CDT