Re: Updatable Materialized View and Master Table on same database

From: cheeky <cheekyiscool_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2006 13:17:00 -0700

My question is related to the implementation and setup of the environment as explained in the above example. How can I achieve this considering that I have created an updatable m-view?

If possible, how do I push changes made to an updatable m-view back to it's master table when/before I execute DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH on the m-view? What is the procedure to do this if both table and mview exist on the same database? Do I need to create master groups, materialized view refresh groups, etc.?

One more thing.. Is there a way to retain changes to the m-view during refresh? In this case, only newly inserted/updated records in the associated table would get inserted into m-view. Whereas changes made to m-view records would stay as-is.

Hope my question is directed well. Thanks for your help. Received on Mon Aug 28 2006 - 15:17:00 CDT