Macro Substitution Variables in Oracle SQL

From: Andreww <andrew.whittam_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2006 04:47:57 -0700

Hi - I use Toad as my SQL interface.

I have loads of reports which run each month or where paramaters (campaign codes, store names etc) change with each report.

As the SQL might be long and complex and the parameters to change could appear all over the SQL, I was hoping there was some way I could specify all the variable at the top of the script for the SQL to "pick up". Thence I don't have to work through the code and chenge the params.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 06:47:57 CDT