SQLPLus Host command shortcut

From: <dm1959_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 11:39:28 -0700

I am in the process of moving some Unix Oracle databases to Window environment and thus far, working well. I have some deploy scripts though that are using the Host command in this form of: !mkdir

On the Unix environment it works well but on the windows environment I get errors that this command is unknown. I did discover that I can using the shortcut of: $mkdir.. Is there anyway that I can change the default shortcut from $ to ! And then I don't have to change all of my shell scripts. I also recognize that I could change my shells properly so that they call: HOST mkdir but was just wondering if I could change it prior to me making all of the rest of the changes. So basically, long term I would change to HOST but short term for test purposes I would like to me able to do" !mkdir in windows.

Any help you can provide is most appreciated. Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 13:39:28 CDT